Meet lovely Melody, one of my June 2010 brides! Similar to Caroline, Melody wanted a fresh and clean bridal make-up look.
Here are the keys to getting Melody’s fresh and pretty bridal look:
1. Balance out the skin tone with foundation and concealer. Blend well and set it with powder.
2. Smile and dust a peachy-pink blush on the cheeks (i.e. NARS Orgasm, Benefit Coralista)
3. Fill in the eyebrows. (I like to use a pencil and lightly fill in the brows, and then reinforce the pencil with a light application of eyebrow matching powder).
4. Add false eyelashes + mascara.
Wearing falsies is one of those simple things you can do to give the illusion of bigger eyes, without having to overdo your eyeliner/eyeshadow (more eyeliner and eyeshadow can make it look more obvious that you’re wearing make-up). It’s similar to when you highlight your hair, and people suddenly notice there’s something different about you, but they can’t put their finger on what…or maybe it’s the fact that you’ll be batting those lashes more? :)
5. Finish the look with a coral lipstick topped with gloss.
The coral lipstick was actually Melody’s own that she uses everyday. We did try other lip colours, but understandably Melody felt best in her coral shade. She asked that we use it during the session, as she wanted to ‘look like herself’ on the Big Day….and that’s absolutely important!! For brides-to-be out there, if you’re scheduling your bridal make-up trial and there are certain make-up items you swear by, I encourage you to bring your tried and tested products to your session. It will help you collaborate with your artist on your Big Day look and you’ll get better results from the session!