Brows are one of my absolute favourite features of the face to do up! It is amazing the wonders a great pair of brows can really produce for your face! A great set of brows can instantly:
- make you look more polished
- add dimension to cheekbones
- help to streamline your face shape and
- give you an instant facelift.
How to get good brows?
The age-old question. For the amount of great natural brows out there (congratulations, you are the envy of us all!), there are a significant number that have gone awry: overplucked, underplucked, lack of a shape, sparse, too short, the list goes on.
The shape that you want to aim for should closely follow your own natural shape (you don’t want to completely alter your brow shape. Use your natural brow as a guideline for a shape that is most flattering on your face.) Tweeze away any strays that grow away from the dominant brow area and try the following steps to get your best brows (use diagram below as a guide).
2. Now, move the pencil towards the outer-edge of the iris still holding it in a vertical direction. This is the approximate area where the highest part of the arch should occur. Again, work with what nature gave you and you’ll avoid having that perma-surprised look!
3. Lastly, take the pencil still holding the bottom part against the edge of the nose and tilting the top portion of the pencil towards the outer edge of the eye. The eyebrow should end where the tip of the pencil hits the browbone.
To fill in brows
Use a brow powder (that either matches or is a couple of shades lighter than your brows) with an angled brush. Use a light touch and draw short, feathery strokes in the direction of hair growth. Keep in mind that you want to mimic tiny hairs on the eyebrow by drawing these feathery strokes. Using a heavy hand and drawing one continuous line on the brows can border drag queen-like and scream unnatural.
Brows gone wrong…
Remember if you make a mistake and pluck more than you had initially intended, brows do grow back (well, to a certain extent). As a temporary fix, use the tips for filling in brows to fake a perfect set until the real ones grow back. For those that are a bit hesitant to pick up the tweezers, go see your trusted professional to have your brows shaped, and save money by doing the upkeep yourself. Believe me, the pain is a small price to pay for a look that is so refined. Post-tweezing, you’ll definitely be raising eyebrows…and not just your own!